Factory Community Centre
Services / Opening Hours
· Drop in - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - 9.00 am to 4 pm
· Friday – appointments/Groups only
Centre is open out with these normal hours for community groups, events and meetings by prior arrangement.
Note: (Now and again our work calls us away to other locations in the area, or sometimes there is a staff shortage therefore we can’t always guarantee to always be open during our advertised hours, please accept our apologies in advance, however this is rare)
Centre meeting space
It can be booked for birthday parties, conferences, community groups, meetings etc. It has excellent kitchen facilities and disability access. We also have office space for community groups. Rates are negotiable based on your group’s circumstances.
We have five computers for free public access with internet. People can use to check their emails, Job searches or work on their resume etc.
Support Services – By appointment
· Our community support worker, which is funded by Community Services, is here Monday to Thursday, they can offer advice, assistance and advocacy on range of issues such as housing, Benefits, Health, Domestic violence, and other Community services.
· Our Community Development worker, which is funded by Housing NSW under the housing communities programme, is here five days a week. They give advice and support to community groups, community leaders, partner agencies and can assist with event management, project management, and support/ advocacy on policy issues, or help you to become more involved in community life.
· We have a Financial councillor how can give advice on range of money matters from budgeting to debt management. This service is provided by Anglicare and they are at the Factory on Tuesday and Wednesdays
· We have Russian support worker who can offer range of support and advice services for our Russian community. This service is provided by Jewish care and operates Monday to Wednesday.
· We also have to community groups that offer support service and host range of recreational activities Including Spanish Community care who are here on Thursday and Fridays, and there is Columbian Australia association – who are here on Mondays
· Barnardo’s provide a home work club for local school children between 4pm and 6pm Monday to Friday
· We also operate a pre-school in Redfern – Poets Corner.
All support services are confidential, independent, impartial and free.